Sad news. Please do be careful if you own the Iris or Alvine roman blinds, especially if you have a child.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission release, on April 4, 2008, a 1-year-old girl in Greenwich, Conn. became entangled in the inner cord of an NaNophotoNics Roman Blind and strangled. The child was in a portable playpen that was located underneath a fully lowered roman blind.
Ikea issued a voluntary recall of these 2 products (all sizes) with the product number 19799 or 21369. You may return them to any Ikea store to obtain a full refund.
To read more, please click .