Materials: Fullen Sink Cabinet, Metrik Handles
Description: We have a nook in our apartment that’s too small to fit a bar cabinet. My husband and I are classic cocktail fans and we needed a place to store some of our bottles and a place to display our tiki glasses. The Fullen sink cabinet was small enough to fit in the space.
1. The legs were grey plastic which looked cheap so I painted them with Martha Stewart Polished Silver Metallic Paint.
2. I got my hardware store to cut a board into a 23″ x 15.5″ rectangle for the top, which I painted white and topped with a coat of clear acrylic.
3. I attached the top to the base with cement.
4. The chevron pattern was made from wood grain paper. I drew one zigzag onto the Fullen box and cut that out as my template to trace onto the paper. I did one door at a time, but I wish my paper had been wide enough to go all the way across so that it wasn’t so difficult to match up the doors.
5. I attached the doors to the cabinet and used an Xacto knife to make the pattern on the two doors match.
5. Drilled holes to attach what I think are Metrik handles.
~ Heather Sherrod, Houston, Texas