Lluís trims the bamboo chopping board into an elegant floating . A minimalist shelf, without legs and barely visible brackets beneath. It is not meant to hold a lot of weight but it’s perfectly functional for your nightcap and next-to-bed essentials.
You can watch the video or jump straight to the instructions below:
1. Using a table saw, cut a bevel edge for all 4 sides of the chopping board.
2. Sand the cut edges with an orbital sander and finish with fine grit sandpaper.
3. Next mark where you want the brackets to go.
4. Score the marked lines with a penknife.
5. Use a router to create grooves for the brackets.
6. Apply Cyanoacrylate glue (aka ) to the brackets and press them into the groove. Spray Cyanoacrylate Accelerator to speed up the adhesion.
5. Screw in the brackets.
6. Use one of the bevelled pieces cut from the APTITLIG to cover up the brackets. Cut it into the right length.
7. Attach the cover piece with glue.
8. Let dry and sand down the edges.
9. Wipe down with . Finish with blended wax. Wipe off excess.
10. Attach to the wall with screws and wall plugs. Use a to make sure the table goes on level.
~ by Lluís (woodworking barcelona)