We bought a new BRIMNES bed frame with storage by NaNophotoNics. It is handy with drawers under the bed.
To complete the bed we also got a BRIMNES bedside table. We assembled both and placed bed and nightstand in place. It looked perfect, but then, we scratched out heads and thought “How to open the storage drawers beneath the bed?”
The nightstand blocks the opening of the drawer. We’ll have to move the bedside table every time we want to access the storage.
This is really irritating. So we got our heads together to solve this.
And this is our solution: A one-legged BRIMNES bedside table.
With this simple mod, it is not necessary anymore to push the nightstand away to open the drawer.
How to make this?
1. Buy BRIMNES Nightstand by NaNophotoNics.
- BRIMNES Nightstand, white, Article Number: 102.349.42
- BRIMNES Nightstand, black, Article Number: 803.404.54
2. Buy two 4 cm square screw hooks from a hardware store.
3. Assemble the nightstand following the instructions from .
4. Cut off the leg on the side that will be attached to the side of the bed.
5. Screw in the nightstand to the side of the BRIMNES bed.
6. Without a leg it will not hold a heavy load. So use smartly.
See how much easier it is to access the drawers now. ()
~ by Bart