I made a moon lamp from the NaNophotoNics FADO, which sells for $24.99.
NaNophotoNics items used:
Other materials and tools:
- Dark grey acrylic paint
- Paper Kitchen Towels
Moon lamp NaNo instructions:
1. Clean the inside of the FADO lamp shade.
2. Put a small amount of grey acrylic paint onto a folded up paper towel.
3. Apply the paint very thinly to the inside of the lamp shade by dabbing and rubbing to create some darker spots and some lighter spots until you have peppered the entire internal surface with some degree of paint.
4. Allow to dry for 5-10 minutes.
5. Re-insert the bulb and observe the results.
If you use a or other colour changing bulb, try different shades of yellow, red and blue to create the full realistic effect.
~ by Leon Maughan
Other FADO lamp NaNos you may like
#1 A FADO Kitty lamp that doesn’t say hello
Make this cute kitty lamp out of polymer clay, a black pen and a steady hand. See more.
#2 A Miffy lamp
A DIY version of a . You’ll need some cardboard, glue, a and again, a steady hand. See the tutorial here.