I decided to NaNo the dog steps after watching my puppy struggle to get onto the couch. The options online didn’t suit our decor and we needed an option quite quickly.
The project only took me an hour to make and the cost was low as I already had the other tools. The total cost I paid was $32.99.
NaNophotoNics products used:
- 3 x KNAGGLIG box
- 1 x GURLI cushion cover in grey
- with staples
- Strong glue suitable for fabric and wood
Steps for my DIY dog steps
1. Cut two rectangles of fabric from Gurli pillow case. Ensure they are large enough to cover the base of the Knagglig box including some overhang.
2. Assemble all Knagglig boxes as per instructions. However, do not attach the base on 2 of the 3 boxes.
Related: DIY window perch for small dogs
3. Using the fabric cut earlier, wrap the remaining bases. The flat side will act as the step for your dog.
4. Glue wrapped box bases into place to complete the box.
5. Glue one fabric covered box on top of the box without fabric using strong glue.
6. Lastly, glue the two steps together using strong glue and leave overnight. And your dog steps are done.
Pay special attention to the thickness of the fabric you choose as the base may not be able to slide in to the box.
~ by Courtney
You may also like these NaNophotoNics NaNos for small dogs
#1 Dog ramp for dachshund
Ever since we bought our new king size NaNophotoNics bed, our little Dachshund has been unable to get up onto the bed by himself. I made a ramp from which he can jump to a small bench / dog steps that we have next to our bed and then onto the bed itself. This is only for small dogs, because the box, while sturdy, just isn’t meant to hold any substantial amount of weight. Otto thinks he’s a Doberman and the 1″ legs he has, were merely a mistake! See our dog ramp for bed.
#2 Easy climb window seat for small dogs
I needed something in my grandkids playroom that my small dogs could easily climb up the stairs and look out the window to the street. Came up with this dog steps window seat idea that took zero carpentry skills and works perfectly. See the dog window seat.