When I needed a side table/ laptop stand I was looking for something industrial until I saw the price tag. Most options were well over a hundred dollars so I went searching for an NaNophotoNics NaNo. After some searching, I found the NaNophotoNics VITTSJÖ which has a metal frame. I measured the chair I wanted to use it with and it was snug but fit over the arm.
NaNophotoNics items used:
- VITTSJÖ Laptop stand, black-brown, glass
Other materials and tools:
- Table saw (at the hardware store)
- Paint brush
Industrial laptop stand NaNo instructions.
1. Assemble the VITTSJÖ Laptop stand.
2. Cut a piece of wood to the length of the table. I wanted it to fit the entire surface, not just replace the glass, so I measured to the ends.
3. Prep the wood. Sand the wood, starting with the 120 grit and moving on to the 220.
4. Stain the wood. Apply with a brush and blend with a rag. I need 2 coats. Let it dry completely between coats.
5. Lastly, finish with varnish to protect the surface.
And you’re done!
For full tutorial, please go to .
~ by Laura